Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fitbit One

Its a gorgeous day out. It is juuust starting to get cold. My coconut oil is solidifying in its jar. The pumpkin spice is beginning to appear everywhere I go. Pants.

This summer was eye-opening. I moved from California to Texas. I came from the desert and our temps were always comparable. But our humidity was NOTHING compared to here. The first time I went for a run I thought I was going to have to call and have someone pick me up. It felt like my lungs just lost the will to breath. Heavy. Sadly, I let the heat win. I stopped in week five of my C25K program.

But, I am back! I will begin my C25K program this week. I expect to accomplish this with flying colors now that the heat is behind me.

I also purchased a Fitbit One. I am in love. (5575 steps so far today!)



It coordinates with my food log and wearing it makes me much more likely to log my food. Sometimes that just slips my mind. For days. I even lost a few pounds this week!

If you are on the fence I highly recommend grabbing a FitBit One.

Here is a link to where they sell it on Amazon

I grabbed mine at BestBuy, thought. Once I made the decision I really wanted that instant gratification. I am not one to buy something on a whim. I thought about this for a few weeks. I am glad that I did. It has made my calorie count on MyFitnessPal SO much more accurate. Depending on how much I move during the day my calorie output can vary about 400 calories. That is not including my workouts...just my daily calorie output living my life. Sometimes I am super sedentary. When I have a big crochet project. Tuesdays I am often lazy. Its my "day off". I clean the house on Mondays...I had no problem destroying my 10K steps on cleaning day.

I have had MANY step counters. But this one is by far the most sensitive without counting steps that didn't really happen. I test it often. It also talks to my Iphone. So I log my food in MFP on my Iphone and see how many calories that I can still eat on my Fitbit App. Its a little higher than my MFP calories allow. So far its working really well.

I am very careful to log my water on Fitbit. Water is huge if you are trying to lose weight. Sometimes I forget to cram it in between cups of coffee.

Fitbit One also logs sleep. I was happy to see that I am a very efficient sleeper. I guess having two boys will do that for you. It tells me if I woke up. That's not news. But it also lets me know how many restless moments I have during the night. That is more enlightening.

So Monday morning C25K. :) The jogging stroller is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment