Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cute and SIMPLE Fingerless Glove Pattern

I took quite the crochet-vacation. Every time I do I come back full of vim and vigor, revving to get back at my hooks. As a starter project I am making a little something for me. But, I want to share it with you guys, too! It is a fast, simple crochet project. What I like to call...instant gratification. Like one of those chocolate cake mugs!





I was at Michaels yesterday when a skein of black alpaca yarn caught my eye. Its soft and bulky. One skein is all you need for a pair of fingerless gloves. It is 3.5 ounces. Feel free to replace it with 3.5 oz of any "bulky" sized yarn.



J Hook
3.5oz of Bulky Yarn

At the end of each row "chain two and turn" is implied unless told  otherwise.

This is for a medium set of gloves. If you want larger then add an addition row of HDC. It would be row 14. I had enough yarn left over from the 3.5 oz to do this so you should not need to buy more.

Chain 27,
Row 1 HDC in second chain from the hook. HDC in each stitch across (25)
Row 2-13 HDC in each stitch across (25)


fold edges together lengthwise and slip stitch the first 19 stitches together


(what we do next with form the thumb hole)
SC in the next five stitches on the left side only


in the last stitch slip stitch the two last stitches together, turn (NO chaining)


working down the right side, SC in the next 5 stitches.


Fasten off.

Reattach yarn anywhere along the edge where your fingers will be coming out.
Chain 1, SC across (26), slip stitch into the first SC.
Chain 1, SC across (26), slip stitch into the first SC.
Chain 1, *SC in the next 5 stitches, SC-Decrease in the next two stitches* repeat * * around. (20)
Fasten off.



Repeat pattern for a second glove.

Let me know if you have any questions?

These are very versatile. They can be adorned with bows, buttons, ribbons...the possibli






2 comments:

  1. This pattern was not good.....!!!!! little confusing this pattern ...........!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protect the palms of the hands and add grip in the event of a fall
    fingerless gloves

    ReplyDelete