Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Big Daisy - Crochet Pattern

Good morning!

I sense a great day in the making. I am surrounded by yarn, the school year is going smoothly, the baby grows more fun and independent every day...

I love an embellishment! What better than a great big daisy. This crochets up fast.


Yarn I Used:
 Red Heart for the White
I Love This Yarn (I do!) for the Yellow
Vanna for the Green
Oh! and a touch of Red Simply Soft for the ladybug in the center.

I Hook
Finished Size: 5" across.

Stitches used...lots of chains (ch), slip stitch (ss), single crochet (sc) and double crochet (dc)

The Flower Center (Yellow): 12 dc in a magic circle. Slip stitch into the first dc and cinch the magic circle closed. Fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing it onto the flower later.

The Petals (White):
-7 sc in a magic circle, ss into the first sc and cinch the magic circle closed.
-Ch 1 and two sc in each stitch (14), ss into first sc of the row.
-*ch 12 and then ss into next 2 chains of the circle*, repeat *-* 6 times.
-*dc 15 times in the next set of chains, ss into next ss after that set of chains* repeat *-* for the next 6 chain loops.
-Fasten off.

Leaves (Green):
chain 15, sc in second chain from hook, sc in next stitch, hdc 1 time into next 3 chains, dc into next 8 chains, dc 5 times into the next chain. This will work you around to the other side. dc into the next 8 chains (opposite side of the other 8 dc), hdc into the next 3 chains, sc into the next 2 chains, ss into the last chain and fasten off. work in tails.

Sew the leaves onto the petals with white yarn. Then sew the center onto the petals with yellow yarn. Then a quick sew of red on the yellow center for a ladybug...just for fun!




It would look cute on a hat, on the corner of a baby blanket, pin it to your shirt, Sew it on the side of a tote bag...I like to put crocheted flowers on Pickles leash when we go for walks. Have fun with it. :)

I am still new to pattern writing. As always, if you see anything odd or confusing, please let me know. :)

1 comment:

Featured Post

Exploring Local Creativity at the Texas State Fair